Pages

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Fave Song: How Deep Is Your Love

A couple of weeks ago, I said goodbye to Burt Bacharach, and presented one of his songs from my childhood. And here's another big one from around the same time (for me) ...

The Bee Gees: How Deep Is Your Love.

You might laugh, but the local Channel 46 in Atlanta provided me the biggest exposure to this song. Whenever they had technical difficulties, or just plain killing time between shows near the top of the hour, this is the song they played. And they seemed to have a lot of down time. 

So much that I started looking forward to the next time Channel 46 would go down, just so I could hear the song again. And just like people get big kicks from that certain logo bouncing directly into a corner of the screen, I would live for the day when the channel was down long enough for me to hear the part they rarely got to.

And there you have it ... random childhood memories. Music bringing back the memories!


1 comment:

  1. Loooooove this song as well. Always was a big Bee Gees fan. I don’t think I knew about the song being played with channel going down! -CAS

    ReplyDelete