Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Last Train Home

This week, I bring a guilty pleasure. This is a classic piece that I had somehow gone decades without hearing until I finally heard it at the end of a Jo Jo episode. It immediately caught my attention -- some kind of slow train song. At first it sounds simple -- some kind of gospel chord progression. But then it became interesting. And then I was hit by a strange sense of sadness ... I think because it seemed to be foreshadowing the death of at least one of the main characters.

And then a sense of wanting to return home.

Anyway ... if you've heard it before, you probably already know what I'm talking about. And if you've never heard it before ... enjoy!

Last Train Home by Pat Metheny ...



Oh wait ... they have a music video, too ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment